Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Finally we have a say!

I have been a citizen for the last 20 years and I have voted in all elections. With this administration I felt we had no say as an American citizens. Our opinions, our issues, our concerns were not addressed.

Yesterday YouTube.com posted a video from a viewer showing Senator Clinton as the Future “Big Brother” Not that I share this opinion, but I am happy that at least we finally can make a difference with the internet. Our points of view will be noticed and the candidates will take note!

We are now a force to be reckoned with. We can effect changes through our blogs, videos, votes and opinions and we will be heard as a community interested in change.

In the 2004 election the voter turnout was extremely low among the youth of America. When I asked my children and their friends why they didn’t go to the polls they all unanimously said “why bother, I can’t make a difference”.

Let us all use this newfound control to communicate to our young Americans that not only they can vote but they have plenty to say and IT WILL COUNT!!!!!

No comments: